There are many fantastic talent discovery programs using Coverfly that have a long history of helping writers take the next step in their career. For some writers, that’s the right introduction to a manager, and for others it may be making a connection that helps them sell their spec script. However, for writers with lower incomes, submission fees may prevent them from entering a script or accessing great educational content.
So, in conjunction with these amazing partners, Coverfly has launched a fee waiver program that is based on merit and financial need, to give all writers access to the valuable programs on Coverfly. Submissions are read and scored internally by a professional reader, and one winner is chosen each month based on an evaluation of the writing samples provided. Any writer can apply once each calendar year, and submissions are considered over a three month period.
The goal of the program is to help find great stories from talented writers who may not otherwise be able to afford some of these talent-discovery programs. We believe in opening doors for talented writers -- this is a way to open the door a little wider.
The application is completely free and requires:
- A sworn affidavit verifying applicant's income and eligibility
- Two writing samples (must be completed TV or Feature scripts)
- A 300-word essay addressing why you want to be a writer
- Writer must be 25 years of age or older
- Writer must have earned less than $25,000 in the previous calendar year
- Writer may not be currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate college degree program
- Writer may only apply once per calendar year
- Writer may not have made any money from writing for the screen in the past
- Recipients of the fee waivers will be notified within 90 days of application