Opening for applications on February 21st.
There are many fantastic talent discovery programs using Coverfly that have a long history of helping writers take the next step in their career. For some writers, that’s the right introduction to a manager and others that’s a massive spec sale.
However, for writers with lower incomes, submission fees may prevent entering a script or accessing great educational content.
So, in conjunction with these amazing partners, Coverfly has launched a fee waiver program that is based on merit and financial need, to give all writers access to the valuable programs on Coverfly. The goal of the program is to help find great stories from talented writers who may not otherwise be able to afford some of these talent-discovery programs. We believe in opening doors for talented writers — this is a way to open the door a little wider.
The application is completely free and will ask for:
- A sworn affidavit verifying applicant’s income and eligibility
- Two writing samples (must be completed TV or Feature Scripts)
- A 300-word essay addressing why you want to be a writer
- Writers must be 25 years of age or older
- Writers must have earned less than $25,000 in the previous calendar year
- Writers may only apply once per calendar year
- Writers may not have made any money from writing for the screen in the past
- Recipients of the fee waivers will be notified within 60 days of application