Judging by how boring this blog post title is, there’s a good chance you won’t read beyond this first sentence – but you should be interested in how Coverfly handles your data! Please read this post for a quick summary of our data policy.
TL;DR: we’re GDPR compliant which means we’re committed to protecting your data to the highest standards.
In our effort to provide the best quality service to all our users (writers, administrators and industry professionals), we’ve made some updates to our Data Policy and Terms of Service. All of these updates merely clarify how and when we use your information. You can read our full Data Policy here, and we’ve distilled some of the key points for easy reading:
- We won’t sell your data to a third party or advertiser.
- We will only collect and use data that is essential to providing you with our services.
- We give our users full control to choose how, when and if their data is displayed or shared.
- Projects are only included in our database that is searchable by industry professionals if and when you choose to add them to the searchable database. By default all projects are private and not searchable.
- Additionally, because some producers, managers and agents have asked to be able to search by a writers’ and/or characters’ gender, sexual orientation or ethnicity, we may allow users to optionally include this information in their user profiles.
As you probably know, Coverfly is a submissions management platform for third party organizations, and for our users who choose to create Coverfly accounts to track the status and history of their project submissions via Coverfly’s Writer Dashboard. Coverfly is also a database of unproduced screenplays to which writers may opt in, and which vetted entertainment industry professionals (such as agents, literary managers and producers) may search for projects, writers and filmmakers.
Coverfly’s organizational partners (film festivals, screenwriting competitions, labs, fellowships, writing workshops and conferences) each have their own terms of service and data privacy policies. We recommend that all our users make themselves familiar with the terms of service and privacy policies of each organization to which they submit their information via our Services. We have reached out to each of our organizational partners urging them to have clear, transparent, fair and compliant data and privacy policies.
We’re dedicated to complying with global standards of data use and transparency, such as The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union, as well as exporting user data outside of the EU. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to email our team at any time for a prompt response: email@example.com.